Hrishikesh Hirway is a prolific creator: A podcaster, a newsletter writer, a TED speaker, a composer, and more. And he's also a musician who has collaborated with everyone from Lakeith Stanfield to Yo-Yo Ma; his first EP since 2011, Rooms I Used to Call My Own, comes out March 30.
Today on Follow Friday, Hrishikesh talks about four of his favorite people he follows online, including a collaborator who helped him get over writer's block while making that album:
- Someone he just started following: Sumesh Hirway, @sumeshhirway on Instagram
- Someone he doesn't know in real life, but wants to be friends with: Rose Matafeo, @rose_matafeo on Twitter and @rosematafeo on Instagram
- Someone super-talented who's still under the radar: John Mark Nelson, @johnmarknelson on Twitter and Instagram
- Someone who's an expert in a very specific niche he loves: Erik Agard, @e_a_rly on Twitter
And on our Patreon page, you can pledge any amount of money to get access to Follow Friday XL — our members-only podcast feed with exclusive bonus follows. That feed has an extended-length version of this interview in which Hrishikesh talks about someone he has followed forever: The award-winning artist and illustrator Susie Ghahremani.
- Follow Hrishikesh @HrishiHirway on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to his newsletter, Accept Cookies
- Follow us @FollowFridayPod on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow Eric @heyheyesj on Twitter
Thank you to our amazing patrons: Jon, Justin, Amy, Yoichi, Elizabeth, Sylnai, and Matthias